I am a seasoned clinician with over 23 years of experience providing services to adolescents, adults and couples.
By facilitating a warm, trusting and nurturing atmosphere where the person can feel safe and understood, I help my clients explore and understand how past and current issues are impacting and obstructing their ability to fully enjoy life and set future attainable and realistic goals.
I specialize in short and long-term psychotherapy with an emphasis on positive, tangible change and personal growth.
My integrative approach focuses on the person’s present and unique needs. Working towards building their strength, clients can improve their lives and become more comfortable with their unique “selves”. My approach incorporates a variety of therapeutic tools that will help us clarify where you are at the present moment and what is needed and desirable to achieve your goals.
As a bilingual clinician (English and Spanish) I will perform therapy in the language that is most comfortable for you. I have vast experience working with clients who went through an immigration experience (even if it was chosen) and the painful grief process that many times accompanies it.
Gilda Schaffer, PsyD, LCPC, LMHC.
Southern California for Professional Studies
PsyD, Clinical Psychology,
(Magna Cum Laude), 2003
Catholic University of Uruguay
M.A., Clinical Psychology,
“Damaso Antonio Larranaga”, 1995
- EMDR Certified/ Approved Consultant–EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- Focal Psychodynamic Psychotherapy–AGORA Institute
- Advanced training in Clinical Hypnosis–Association for Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH)
- Family Systems–Ackerman Institute for the Family
- FAPA–Fellow of the American Psychotherapy Association
- BCC–Board Certified Coach Specialized in Wellness and Relationships–The Institute for Life Coaching Training
- DCC–Distance Credentialed Counselor–Center for Credentialing and Education (CCE)
- # 180006683, Illinois
- # 006537, New York
- # MH13927, Florida
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH)
- American Psychotherapy Association (APA)
- Florida Psychological Association (FPA)
- Florida Mental Health Counselors Association (FMHCA)
- International Coaching Federation (ICF)